About the Role
LOGOS Christian School & Academy is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the Early Education position (18-23 mo). The ideal candidate will have teaching experience in early childhood education. The candidate will support the school’s mission to prepare students for lives of service and learning through academic excellence, character development, biblical literacy, and intentional engagement. Candidates must have a passion for teaching early elementary students.
LOGOS Academy Early Childhood Teacher
Section 1 – Position Summary
LOGOS Christian School & Academy is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the Early Education position (18-23 mo).The ideal candidate will have teaching experience in early childhood education. The candidate will support the school’s mission to prepare students for lives of service and learning through academic excellence, character development, biblical literacy, and intentional engagement. Candidates must have a passion for teaching early elementary students.
Section 2 – Major Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly lesson plans.- Individualize instruction to help each student achieve- Collaborate and participate in weekly team meetings with staff and team members- Establish and maintain a positive rapport with students and families.
- Creates a nurturing environment
- Interact with students, parents, faculty, and administrators with strong interpersonal competency.- Articulate the integration of curricular education with biblical spiritual formation and discipleship.- Communicate with a high level of self-awareness, compassion, and composure.- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization.- Report to the Early Education & Lower School Principal.
Section 3 – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passion for LOGOS Academy mission, vision, core values and goals.
- Strong knowledge of classical, Christian education.
- Exhibits high, moral character and personal habits with a demonstrated Christ-centered servant leadership style.
- Caring and compassionate attitude when interacting with and caring for children
- Strong commitment to promoting higher education standards
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on details.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills to converse with children, fellow professional caregivers and parents
- Excellent patience and stamina for keeping up with the demands of children of all ages
- Advanced multitasking and organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time
- Ability to build community with a focus on healthy and positive relationships.
- Dedication to collaboration, transparency, and accountability as a leader.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to remain positive and enthusiastic, and ability to manage and mediate difficult situations
- Ability to work in an environment that supports direct communication, peer accountability and collaborative decision-
Section 4 – Education and Experience
A bachelors and or master’s degree in education or a related field is preferred.
Previous experience working with preschool-aged children is required.
Ability to obtain Early Childhood and classical certifications within three months of hire.
Section 5 – Physical Factors
This position requires minimum physical exertion with daily lifting requirements up to 10 pounds. Activities may include carrying office materials, pulling and pushing file drawers and organizing paperwork. Duties almost always are carried out in an office or home environment.
Section 6 – Profession of Christian Faith
All LOGOS Academy employees must profess the historic Christian faith. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, LOGOS Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
About Logos Christian School
We are a biblically centered Christian school, with a classical education curriculum that assists parents to develop Disciples of Christ and facilitate learning excellence of the highest standard.
Logos Christian School was established on the principle of making disciples of Christ Jesus, teaching them to do all that he had commanded. Through our unique disciple-centered approach to teaching, we strive to equip each student with the skills and knowledge they need to answer the call of the great commission.
We strive to create an environment that is both academically and spiritually enriching for families preparing and equipping students with the knowledge and skills necessary to live a life of purpose and excellence.
We are committed to providing a quality education that is rooted in biblical principles. As we continue to answer the biblical call to the great commission, we look forward to assisting parents in helping their students define their purpose in life for the glory of God.